Thursday, March 27, 2014

Famous Portraits

dorothy horan, best known as dovima, with elefants (1955) by: richard avedon
I think the photographers style is to take pictures of action or to document important events.
I chose this photo because it made me wonder more about why it was taken and what was happening when they took it.  It intrigues because it is different from all the other portraits I have seen so far.
Marilyn Monroe Hollywood CA 1962 by: Arnold Newman
The photographers style is to take profiles of people faces in black and white.
I chose this photo because it is taken from a different angle than most portraits.  It is more serious than other portraits as well.

Miley Cyrus for Vanity Fair by: Annie Leibovitz
This photographer took mostly pictures of celebrities in unusual positions and situations.  I chose this photo because it is a picture of a familiar celebrity but she looks much different than usual.  The artist has but her own spin on this person and has made them look unique and unusual.






No comments:

Post a Comment